Meeting Video Requirements

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Video Requirements

Hello, Community

I am a new instructor on Udemy and am building my first course.  I hope to learn from the more experienced instructors about the platform.  I have two questions:

Firstly, I am using Camtasia to create my lecture materials.  I have exported the MP4 with the highest p level.  Yet when I upload the files in the curriculum builder, it is rejected.   The online chatbot provided me with good articles; however, I have done what I think I need to do and it is not solving the problem.   Might you have guidance on this?

Secondly, I have submitted an introduction video for the free video review and while it is "in progress" I do not see the option of submitting a second video for review.  Might you know about that also?  

3 Replies
KylePew
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello -

When the video is rejected do you get any message on what requirement was not met? If I remember correctly, there is a maximum file size. Do you know the size of the MP4 you are uploading?

the file is 4,506 KB...so well within the requirement.

The error I got was re to being minimally 720p.  I redid the export in Camtasia at the highest p available.  Uploaded that into Udemy and got the same error.  

So, I am not sure what to do.

Did you record the video in 720p or 1080p resolution? Also, in Camtasia, there is a project setting. You'll want to check that as well (see screenshot below). You may want to upload your video here to share it for feedback, that'll give the community better insights.

2021-10-28_7-12-30.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors