Multiple Course On Topic I Want To Teach

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Course On Topic I Want To Teach

Hey Udemy Community,

I am planning to create a course on topic on udemy which have multiple courses. So as my course is also on same topic like other course then my course will have lectures named same like other courses. For example if i want to create course on python programming language. There are many course on this topic but if i am creating course on this same topic then i will cover topics like variables which other courses will also covered and many more topic i will cover which will have same explanation or lecture name like other course because variable description we can't change so in the end i am teaching the same thing like other courses. 

So my question is :- Is it ok to have same lecture names and same description about something in my course which other courses have ? Will Some other instructor can do copyright on my courses because of same lecture name and same explanation i am giving (I WILL GIVE DIFFERENT EXAMPLES & TRY TO EXPLAIN IT IN MY OWN WAY) because in the end description about something will be the same? Will I also can see some lawsuits if I do so or just my course will be removed and banned? or if there is nothing like that then also please answer 

@Bella @MarinaT @Leonor C. 

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TaranjotSin801

Happy Monday and welcome to the community! 

As you have a very specific question about the course content, please reach out to our policy team directly at policy@udemy.com. 

Also, I highly recommend that you check our Marketplace Insights tool to check out the market and demand for your specific topic. 

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to create a post 😊.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors