👉 My Course Price Is Wrong

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

👉 My Course Price Is Wrong

Go to solution

Hey guys. I have lowered my course price three days ago, to $19,99, and it still reflects the old higher price. It seems like it will never reflect this lower price, an it is key for me. Because I'm going to distribute a pdf promoting my course and cannot keep updating the coupon code, so will have to leave my main referral link...This is a problem, if the course shows up at the high price, the point of lowering it was so it was still accessible when there was no promotions, BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING THE RIGHT PRICE!!! What can I do???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @SoyMarketer

I hope you are doing well! 

Jumping in here: We had an update in January 2023 where we decided to only show learners our recommended list price for all instructors who use Udemy Deals, as it allows us to establish list price consistency for similar courses. 

Before that update, we would consider your lower list price instead of using the one generated from our pricing data. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Hello @SoyMarketer - You really have no control over the price of your course, if you have opted into the Deals program, which you do by default. You can set a price but Udemy decides the best price for your course based on some internal algorithms. And, based upon experience, this price can change from time to time. Also, when Udemy is running a sale, the price for your course will be reduced to anywhere between $9.95 and $12.95, usually. So, the bottom line is that you can never really know what your course will be priced at, unless you create promotional coupons where you can set your own price.

Go to solution

Thanks Randy. This is all true. However, when they are NOT running promotions...You can see that because the link does not offer a discount, and in that case, it should show the price you selected. At least it used to. Any admins want to pitch in?

Go to solution

@SoyMarketer - It used to work that way, many months ago. However, it no longer does. You basically have no control over the price of your course unless you opt out of the Deals program.

Go to solution

That sucks. Because when there's no discount my course will be too expensive considering the shortness of it. Anyway, thank you for responding @RandyMinder 

Go to solution

@SoyMarketer - Everybody's courses will be too expensive. On the other hand, my guess is that a vast majority of students only purchase courses when Udemy is running a sale so it probably doesn't really matter what the non-sale price of a course is. At least 95% of my marketplace sales occur when Udemy is running some sort of sale. I certainly never purchase a course unless it's on sale.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @SoyMarketer

I hope you are doing well! 

Jumping in here: We had an update in January 2023 where we decided to only show learners our recommended list price for all instructors who use Udemy Deals, as it allows us to establish list price consistency for similar courses. 

Before that update, we would consider your lower list price instead of using the one generated from our pricing data. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions! 

Go to solution

@MarinaT thank you for clearing this up for me.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

You are very welcome 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors