My course were banned because of the thumbnails Udemy created

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My course were banned because of the thumbnails Udemy created

Hi, so the warning emails ended up in my promotions tab in Gmail. Anyways, these courses were banned because of the image, yet the image was literally created by the Udemy team 2 years ago and I still don't see how they are in violation of anything. Any chance of having this reversed?

banned.PNG

2 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@davidismyname 

I do not believe they were banned because of the image. There is something very suspicious about your data. You have 26 courses, some of which have been published for more than two years, yet you only have 48 reviews... for 26 courses. What? The normal ratio of  reviews to students is between 3 to 6 students per review. That means you only have about 240 real students, even though it says 9652 students, which means you must have given away more than 9k courses. 

I don't know what is going on here, but the data is super fishy which makes one seriously doubt your claim that your courses were banned because of the image they created. 

Oh, nothing gets resolved here. As you must know by now, you have to correspond with Policy.udemy.com.

Sorry.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Hi Lawrence,

You can believe whatever you want but the courses were banned because of the image, that's literally what the email said. I turned some old paid courses to free and that gave a massive spike in enrollment one month . I've since unpublished all my free courses except for 2.

Anyways, I contact Udemy and the team has allowed me to edit the thumbnails so everything is resolved.  But it's still strange they would flag a course for a thumbnail they created.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors