Need clarification on using Camtasia Studio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on using Camtasia Studio

Go to solution

Hello All,

I am planning to become an instructor. I have Camtasia Studio in which I can record a screen activity with voice narrations either during the screen recording or as a separate activity. My question is about the Captions. While submitting videos to Udemy, should I ensure that captions are created or it will be taken care by Udemy?  I have my script as a WORD DOCUMENT. If I can share it with Udemy, will they use for the "Transcript" part? 

Request experienced instructors to guide me.

Thanks in advance for  your time.

C.S.N. Raja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @C.S.N.Raja English, Spanish, and Portuguese auto-generated captions will be generated for new courses in these respective languages after the course has been submitted to our review team for approval.

If your course is in English, you get English Auto-generated captions/ If your course is in Spanish, you get Spanish Auto-generated captions.

You can either use the auto-generated captions that will be generated for your course. Or you can upload and use captions you've created for the course. These captions will be utilized instead of auto-generated captions. For steps on how to do this, please refer to this article.

Eliana Cerna 

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @C.S.N.Raja English, Spanish, and Portuguese auto-generated captions will be generated for new courses in these respective languages after the course has been submitted to our review team for approval.

If your course is in English, you get English Auto-generated captions/ If your course is in Spanish, you get Spanish Auto-generated captions.

You can either use the auto-generated captions that will be generated for your course. Or you can upload and use captions you've created for the course. These captions will be utilized instead of auto-generated captions. For steps on how to do this, please refer to this article.

Eliana Cerna 

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hi Eliana, Thank you for the clarification. Able to understand how this works.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors