New Course Pricing - Conflict

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Course Pricing - Conflict

Go to solution

I have just pubkished my course - I had selected the lower band INR 1280 - but it is listed at a discounted price of INR 455 or so. Why? How?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @DamanDevSood,

Thank you for asking about this!

It looks like you've opted into the Udemy Deals program. This allows Udemy to discount your course sale price, regardless of the price you set. Udemy may also assign a different list price than the one you pick. This happens because so Udemy's pricing algorithms can attempt to maximize your revenue by adjusting your course price over time according to student response data like clickthrough, conversion rate, etc.

If you prefer, you have the option of opting out of Udemy's promotions. If you do not opt into the program, then your courses will not be sold at a discount. The course will only be sold at the price you have listed, or via a coupon code, you yourself create. Your courses will also not be included in Udemy's promotions and sales. Ultimately it's up to you whether you enroll, but we have found that courses in the program outsell those that are not by 200%. More information on pricing can be found in this article

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be more than happy to help! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @DamanDevSood,

Thank you for asking about this!

It looks like you've opted into the Udemy Deals program. This allows Udemy to discount your course sale price, regardless of the price you set. Udemy may also assign a different list price than the one you pick. This happens because so Udemy's pricing algorithms can attempt to maximize your revenue by adjusting your course price over time according to student response data like clickthrough, conversion rate, etc.

If you prefer, you have the option of opting out of Udemy's promotions. If you do not opt into the program, then your courses will not be sold at a discount. The course will only be sold at the price you have listed, or via a coupon code, you yourself create. Your courses will also not be included in Udemy's promotions and sales. Ultimately it's up to you whether you enroll, but we have found that courses in the program outsell those that are not by 200%. More information on pricing can be found in this article

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be more than happy to help! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors