New to Udemy - looking for advice on tax form

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Udemy - looking for advice on tax form

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I am really new to this space - have just launched my very first online course on this platform and don't know what to expect - so introducing myself to this community for social support and advice. I live in the UK - so wasn't a 100% clear on the tax implications and how to fill the tax form. Can anyone shine a guiding light please? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @PriyaHunt Udemy is based in the United States. All companies based in the US have to comply with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations, which includes collecting information about your tax status as an instructor. Furthermore, no matter where you're located, you may have enrolled students from the United States, and those transactions may be subject to US tax.

Once you start the tax submission, you'll see the option to choose whether you are a US or non-US instructor as one of the first selections you make. Depending on what you choose, the platform will guide you through options that are unique to the selection you made as a US or non-US citizen.

If you have any questions, please send an email to instructorsupport@udemy.com

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @PriyaHunt Udemy is based in the United States. All companies based in the US have to comply with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations, which includes collecting information about your tax status as an instructor. Furthermore, no matter where you're located, you may have enrolled students from the United States, and those transactions may be subject to US tax.

Once you start the tax submission, you'll see the option to choose whether you are a US or non-US instructor as one of the first selections you make. Depending on what you choose, the platform will guide you through options that are unique to the selection you made as a US or non-US citizen.

If you have any questions, please send an email to instructorsupport@udemy.com

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thank you so much

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors