Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

November - Ask a Champion Thread!

Happy November Instructors!

We are starting a new kind of thread here in the Community, it’s called “Ask a Champion”. In this thread, you’ll be able to tap into the experience and expertise of two of our Community Champions.

This month, our thread is hosted by @SharonRamel @MarkLassoffBoth of these Champions have been with the program for several years and are ready, willing & able to answer any questions you might have about being a Udemy Instructor.

What questions do you have for Sharon & Mark?

33 Replies

@SharonRamel @MarkLassoff

How do you guys handle Educational Emails? Sharon, you said you gave the contests´ details in these Educational Emails. But is that all? Do you create Article like Emails or promote YouTube videos? What are a few different ways that you guys use those type of emails? Thanks!

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @SoyMarketer my educational announcements are filled with practical tips about integrating shamanism into their daily lives. I change the format to keep it fresh - for example using bullet points ie 5 quick tips to manifest your dreams or story form - how I manifest or work with xyz. Quick wins for them, I try to truly teach them something so they will continue to be inspired and buy from me.

I like to have fun and let that shine through

One of my students describes them as a 'goodie bag'.

I always link to a YT relevant video. Plus there is a link to Instagram and my website which is filled with freebies they can access. 

At the end, after signing off I add a screenshot of the top reviews with their surname blanked out to encourage more reviews. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Wow! Thank you for all these tips, I will keep them saved and will follow them.

@SharonRamel @MarkLassoff

Thanks for your valuable advice. 

I just published a second course on Udemy on 11/2 just in time for Nov. The first course now has about 3000 students, so I am planning to send Promotional messages twice a month (1st and 15th) for next 6 months so they can buy at lowest cost. I have also added link to other course in my bonus section. 

Do you think sending promotional messages twice a month will be too much ? Are there other ways I can get the students of my first course to look at the second course ? 

- Viraj 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Hi @VirajShetty265 congratulations on publishing your second course.

Personally, I send one promo out saying 5 days only and follow it up with 48 hours left - get in quick. Scarcity has worked out far better for me than 2 x 5 sales. There is a good influx on day one however when I send the follow-up - those last two days do really well. It also gives me the opportunity to change the message if the first one did not fire.

My tribe no there will be no other offers from me until next month. 

2: I am assuming the second course is related to the first so they will naturally flow. It then gets down to messaging why/how this course should be purchased. Try some leading questions for example in XY course we developed a framework for -------- however when you take XYZ course we will be closing the loop and you be able to -------- Thus you are solving their problems and further educating them as to WHY they need this course... oh and should complete the first one.

Sharon Ramel

@SharonRamel - Thanks! Those are good points. My second course is related to the first as you mentioned and I definitely should have a good marketing message to tie those together. I will try your approach and see if "48 hr. left message" works for me better. 

Hi @SharonRamel & @MarkLassoff 

These are all very great tips.  I have a question.  When my Course went live 28 days ago, Udemy sent me an e-mail challenge to procure 25 Students within 30 days of being live in order to boost my Instructor Status.  I met my quota and got promoted to Highest Rated.  Very exciting.  Can you please elaborate on the logistics of earning a Best Seller status with my new course?  

@PainDocPenny  It must have something to do with the RATE of sales, vs total sales.  My course has been tagged as "Bestseller" and it's been up for less than 3 months.  My guess is "Bestseller" means fastest selling course in its category.

Thank you, Stan!  That sounds logical and likely.  😉

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Congratulations of getting published and receiving the Highest Rated tag.

I have three best-sellers @PainDocPenny They are genuinely the most popular and most purchased courses in either their main or sub-category listing:

• Spirituality - All Levels - Spiritual Shamanic Healing Initiation Into The Munay Ki
  • Shamanism - Intermediate - Shamanic Witchcraft Healing On The 13 Moon Guided Pathway
  • Witchcraft - All Levels - How To Become A Magical Spiritual Witchcraft Masterclass

Don't forget to take a screenshot of the "Highest Rated" tag and use is to promote your course on whatever social media channels you are using to expand your following. 

Sharon Ramel

Thank you, Sharon.  I love the advice to take a screenshot of my high rating label to promote it.  I will work on that.  But first I will try to get Udemy to capitalize the R in the word Rated.  I'm thinking that was an oversight error.  Btw, your subject matter of your courses looks amazing.  I have been checking them out.  Thank you for sharing the titles!  🙂

SharonRamel
Community Champion

In a previous lifetime, @PainDocPenny  I both taught and used myofascial therapy extensively! 

Sharon Ramel

That is something I do not hear every day.  I love that you are in the know, Sharon!  Thank you for sharing!  😉  HAPPY HOLIDAYS to YOU and YOURS!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors