Number of students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of students

I'm just a noob to Udemy. Just posted my 2 courses and I'm struggling with sales. I see different courses having huge number of students and I am not getting very much far behind.

Obviously number of students reflect the popularity and the earnings of the course on a specific topic. But you can offer free courses to the community worldwide, which definitely change the earning equation.

How we can get the accurate information regarding earning and demand for a particular topic on Udemy.

4 Replies
DavidV.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NemaRaeed455

How exciting that you published your two courses on Udemy. We thank you for your hard work  and I know is not easy but I got some information really helpful for you.

Marketing is one of the most discussed topics in the community. You can find the Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Marketing here; these should provide helpful insights and best practices from other instructors. 

I also recommend watching this webinar we had a few months ago, Webinar Replay: 5 Things Every Instructor Should Do After Publishing.

Additionally, low sales might also be a good time to optimize your own sales efforts and utilize the resources that our marketing team has put together for instructors’ use. This link to our Teaching Center includes help on optimizing your course landing page for conversions, launching an e-mail campaign, and driving Udemy sales from your website or YouTube channel.

Regarding your last question make use of Udemy’s marketplace insights tool to better understand what it takes to succeed in a particular topic area on Udemy.  Is there a lot of student demand for this topic? Are there a lot of courses? How much are these courses earning? Are they high quality? Dig into the data to understand what it’ll take to succeed - and what success might mean.

Here are some tips on ways to increase your course production efficiency: 

• Create a single source of truth document where you describe your teaching style, specifics about recording software, hardware, and other specifications. This makes it easy to recreate your personal style and brand for each additional course.
  • Operationalize as much as possible. Input standard operating procedures (SOPs). Make use of checklists so anyone can pick it up and take those steps with no issues.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions let us know.

David V.

Udemy Community Moderator

Hy there i can see your post and i must say

1. Market Research:

• Before creating a course, conduct thorough market research to identify high-demand topics. Use keyword research tools, Udemy's search functionality, and other online resources to gauge the popularity of specific subjects. Pay Military Star Card
  2. Analyze Competition:

• Check existing courses on Udemy within your chosen topic. Look at the number of students, course ratings, and reviews to understand the competition and identify gaps you can fill with your course.
  3. Create High-Quality Content:

• Invest time in creating engaging, informative, and high-quality course content. This will not only attract students but also encourage positive reviews and recommendations.

Thanks and regards

AndrewCornwall

You can conduct thorough market research to identify popular topics and niches with high demand. Use keyword research tools, Udemy's search feature, and competitor analysis to understand what learners are searching for. Follow My Health UH

If "All Star Carpet and Tiles of the Treasure Coast Inc" is a business or company rather than an educational institution, I recommend checking their official website or contacting them directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information about their services, products, or any other details you may be looking for.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors