Other languages (not English)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other languages (not English)

Hey all, I am a newbie and I am curious if you guys had any experience in selling courses on other languages, not English. I wonder if there are enough students speaking Russian to sell my courses on Udemy? Did Udemy published its stats somewhere to see overall number of students studying in other languages? Too many questions but its critical for me to understand if I should continue be a Russian speaking instructor or create En courses as more potential... Please share thoughts

2 Replies

Hi @TanyaP I'm bumping your post for more visibility from your fellow instructors

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

As a bilingual instructor (Arabic and Italian)  I prefer to use my students' language to teach them the new one; it is not easy for most of them to  understand the new language without depending on there mother-tongue  language. So if you teach Russian in Russian that will be a little bit challenging, because your target students will be restricted to those who are able to learn Russian depending on the Russian language only, who are few. Good luck

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors