Ownership rights

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ownership rights

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for your advice regarding the ownership rights. 

I have created my course based on already existing material (scientific articles, professional blogs and so on). My course unites already existing and relevant content and of course I have referenced all the resources that I am using in my course. Would it be sufficient or how else should I make sure that I am not violating ownership rights? 

Could you explain what exactly is meant by the following verification statement:

"I am the original owner of all of the content used in my course(s) and, if applicable, have secured all the necessary rights to use content owned by another individual".

Thank you very much for your time!

2 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Mariam698 

The term original content means content in your own words, using your own style of presentation (slides etc.), your own copyright images, graphics etc.

If you have referenced some resources, that's ok. It's called market research, not an infringement of copyright of the external sources. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mariam698  if you have any doubt or concern about the legality of the content in your course, I would suggest you consult with an attorney.

It's important to us that instructors posting courses on Udemy respect applicable laws and the intellectual property of others. When instructors post courses on our marketplace, they make the promise that they have the necessary authorization or rights to use all the content contained in their courses.

If you're not sure if you can make that promise, I encourage you to check out our Instructor Terms, our Terms of Use, our Intellectual Property Policy as well as our trust and safety policies for a bunch of useful information. If you need more information, please reach out to policy@udemy.com 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors