PPT and Article lectures

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPT and Article lectures

Hello to all the Instructor's community!

I am a new instructor and I would like to ask you two questions.

My first is about PPT slides in video courses and how they affect students to watch them on their mobiles. I have been told by an experienced marketing manager in the e-learning industry that it is preferable for an instructor to avoid using PPT slides in his videos. I need your opinion on this matter.

My second question is about articles lectures. This type of lecture seems ideal for my courses and my industries. Can you recommend to me any ideas about the creation of such lectures? I will search for explainer material but always instructor's experience and practice are more than welcome!!

Thank you in advance.

Best.

Marios

5 Replies

Hi Marious, you can't have article-only courses on Udemy, as Udemy requires, a minimum of 30 minutes of HD video (720p or 1080p) per course.

I use PowerPoint for my many of my lectures, and PowerPoint is perfectly fine if you know how to make your presentations look modern and professional. Lately, I've been utilizing a lot of animations within my presentations, which my students enjoy. With that said, depending on the topic and material you're covering, you'll want to mix things up and doing talk head and other style of videos as well.

I use written-article lectures very sparingly, typically only for case studies I write up for my students, and I'd advise against using too many of them because students expect a video-based experience on Udemy. Also, competition is also increasing with hundreds of thousands of Udemy instructors, so you need to make sure you stand out against your competition.

Here's Udemy's Course Quality Checklist:

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604988-Udemy-Course-Quality-Checklist 

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your time and your valuable opinion! You are right! We need to be professional at the utmost level. 

Can you please recommend to me any solution about how to remove background noise? Do you use Camtasia or any other similar software?

Best regards,

Marios

You're welcome!

In regards to background noise, that comes down to the type and quality of microphone you're using, as well as where you're recording (should be quiet with little to no background noise). I recommend a good dynamic mic with a cardioid pattern. I personally use a Samson Q2U, but there are a lot of great options. If you have a poor quality or the wrong type of mic, it'll pick up too much background noise to the point where you realistically won't be able to remove it.

I process all of my audio through Audacity through a series of macros and plugins in post-production. Audacity is free, open-source software, and there are tons of tutorials on how to use it on YouTube. It's great, and I highly recommend it.

Hello !

I hope you are doing great!

I fixed the problem with the background noise. I started using as my video creation platform OBS the last 2 days and I have made some progress! It seems like a wonderful platform for creating videos. I would like to ask you how can we do stand-up presentations. Now I sit and speak or read a PowerPoint presentation. But stand-up presentations are considered more professional.

Best regards,

Marios

Thank you very much! I am glad to meet a very helpful instructor here! I have just started using for sample audios Audacity. I hope everything will go well!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors