Paid course in free

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid course in free

Go to solution

I noticed some videos in YouTube. In those videos they said that we can enroll paid courses for free using coupons. If they access our paid courses for free then how we can earn money from our course?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Instructors have the option of creating free coupon codes for their courses. Many use these free coupons in a (often misguided) effort to give their course more "social proof" in the form of students and ratings.

If you don't create a free coupon code for your course, students cannot enroll in your course for free. So don't worry; as long as you don't go out of your way to make your course available for free, students will have to pay for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Instructors have the option of creating free coupon codes for their courses. Many use these free coupons in a (often misguided) effort to give their course more "social proof" in the form of students and ratings.

If you don't create a free coupon code for your course, students cannot enroll in your course for free. So don't worry; as long as you don't go out of your way to make your course available for free, students will have to pay for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

can you elaborate a bit more about the 'misguided effort' part? what do you mean by 'going out of the way to make the course available for free' ? I understand why the course is giver for free at first, but I am not sure about the 'going out of the way' part. Thanks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!