Picking a niche

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking a niche

I am a chef with over 10 years experience.

I have identified a few potential niches on udemy to start producing courses will little competition.

I guess the question I have is, if these niches have little competition but I notice that the top instructor has quite a large following they used to gain traction.

Is it fruitless for me to produce a course?

As long as I have some sort of marketing strategy on my end would this be viable.

Also if I notice one niche gain traction in that can I produce courses for another niche.

For example first course morrocan cooking. Second course Indian. Just as an example.

Tim.

1 Reply

I have competed successfully in a competitive topic without a following and only a limited (<10%) number of students coming from self promotion.

It is possible to compete with the big fish but it's a long game especially in a niche topic. I would still continue at the end of the course building exercise you have content that you can launch on multiple e learning sites (although I do admit udemy is one of the better) but it is a way to grow revenue.

Everyone starts somewhere.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!