Post Production Needs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post Production Needs

It's continues to be quite an adventure. But now, despite needing to rewrite / re-screencast the technical portions of my course, it appears that I actually will complete and submit my Video Memories course for Udemy approval in a couple of months. (Don't hold me to that.)

Because I will have Udemy handle the marketing for me, I trust my course will not languish in total obscurity. So, I wonder if it's too early to be thinking about what post production support and responsibilities I should anticipate. Beyond answering students' questions, I notice other authors have websites, social media including some with YouTube Channels and Facebook Groups. And the prospect of a weekly blog is quite intimidating. 

I certainly intend to provide whatever post-production activities are appropriate. But what has been your experience and, perhaps most importantly, your post-production surprises?

3 Replies
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Hi Brian,

The answer to your question varies a lot: it depends very much on the subject and how you teach it. For instance, if you produce a training course on a software product, then you should plan to keep your class up to date, following the software releases, unless you set it to be specific to a specific version. Still, then it'll be obsoleted rather quick. In such a case, you have to plan to replace videos according to new features being released, interacting with the user and the like. Your course is on Video Memories, and I really don't know what that entails, but maybe is not subject to change, hence no maintenance necessary.

Then about engaging with your students... that is always a good thing as it improves the student learning experience, so it's up to you to decide the level of engagement you want to keep, but a good rule of thumb is: more engagement is better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Pino . Your comments on the need to monitor software releases are very helpful.

May I ask further:-

What has been the most effective platform to use to answer questions from students who take your course. If you get say even a small number like 200  students and each ask 2 questions, won't you be swarmed so I'm wondering how can it be better managed? (p.s. I have not published any courses yet)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!