Prices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices

I have heard that Udemy will be setting prices and they will rise for courses. This came from an instructor as a student announcement, suggesting there won't be the same discounts. Is this correct?

LL
2 Replies

Hey @Lizzy, I think what the instructor was referring to is Udemy's move towards differentiated sales pricing. We’ve been experimenting with differentiated sales pricing to improve how we market courses during promotions. Differentiated sales pricing takes into account different variables, including topic, student response, number of competing courses, and assigns an appropriate discounted price during a particular promotion. Since no two courses are alike, we firmly believe that they shouldn’t be priced alike either.

If this instructor is opted into Udemy's Deals, then we have been setting their sales prices already. Nothing has changed there. However, the way in which we are setting sales prices has been gradually shifting. This doesn't mean that courses will never be on sale for $9.99. It means that we're moving away from a world in which all courses are on sale for the same, low price. There's more info about this in the blogpost I linked in the first paragraph.

Hope that helps!

@JocelynH , thanks for the link to the post about pricing.  This link is to the Spanish version of the post. For those who speak English, the post is here:  https://teach.udemy.com/evolution-of-pricing/

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors