cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pricing first course

Go to solution

Hi, I have been watching several courses on first time course creation and also have read many of the Udemy own tutorials (though not all yet). My understanding is that it's better to start small with a shorter course, but then to expand it and make it bigger gradually, and continuing to tweak the landing pages, etc etc.

Does that means that I should price the course with in mind the size of the course in the future, and not the version I start with, which is considerably smaller? If I am not mistaken, I cannot change the price later, am I right? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@Lizzy, we're super glad you're enjoying the process! 🙂 Certainly, instructors can change the course title at will, as long as they abide by these ground rules. Check out this support article to learn how to change the course title.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous, many instructors recommend evaluating the marketplace and your direct competitors to decide the price you will give to your course. Taking into account the amount of content you're offering, as well as the differentiation that your course has over other similar courses. You can change the price of the course at any time. So if you want to leave a lower price at the beginning (thinking about the course content offered) and then increase it as you include more value to the course, you can definitely do it.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Interesting answer, Abbie. I am working on my first course - and loving it! I spent a year researching tech and content and now I am having so much fun! I was wondering, can you also rename courses after publication?

LL

Go to solution

@Lizzy, we're super glad you're enjoying the process! 🙂 Certainly, instructors can change the course title at will, as long as they abide by these ground rules. Check out this support article to learn how to change the course title.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!