Promo Video question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Video question

Go to solution

What's the difference between the promo video and the introductory video? Or are they the same thing?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Your promo video is what students get to see first before they buy your course, it's optional but highly recommended. I'm not sure what the intro video is specifically but my first video in my courses is quick intro about who I am, my credentials, and why I'm the right person to teach them. That's part of my course, and I usually make it available as a free preview but you don't have to.  

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

Your promo video is what students get to see first before they buy your course, it's optional but highly recommended. I'm not sure what the intro video is specifically but my first video in my courses is quick intro about who I am, my credentials, and why I'm the right person to teach them. That's part of my course, and I usually make it available as a free preview but you don't have to.  

Go to solution

Thanks. So what you put in your first video is what I'm reading is supposed to be part of the promo video. Do you repeat information or how are they different?  Thanks.

GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

The promo video contains different material for me, such as what the student will find interesting, why they should buy the course. It's really a marketing piece: me trying to sell them my course. 

The intro is geared towards students who already know they want to be in the course. So it tells them what I will cover during the course (I tell them what each section is) and I tell them a little bit about myself. That's where I start creating the personal connection with the student. I'm no longer the salesman (I'm terrible at that anyway) from the promo, I'm the professor. 

Go to solution

Thank you!

Go to solution

I had the same question.  They seem redundant.

Go to solution

Please give your feedback watching the video posted and questions given to test the students' understanding and application skills

Go to solution

Thanks for the information. But how do I get the students to see the promotion video first when they click the link of my coupon code? My coupon code link usually takes them to one of the preview videos inside the course.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors