Promoting courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoting courses

Hey,
I'm completely new to Udemy but have built up a large Discord and Reddit community.
I would like to promote my courses for free to get my first students, but I'm worried that I might get banned from Udemy because I'm attracting non-organic and non-profitable people to the platform who might just look at my course and then leave.
Do any of you have experience or can give me feedback?

Thank you very much,
Anton

2 Replies

Hello Anton,

Welcome to Udemy. I started just about 3 years ago with no following or community, so you are off to a much better start than I was. 

I made my first course free at the time to generate the following and yes, I got individuals who enrolled and did nothing else, some left poor reviews and others participated. My point here is that, you will always run that risk with a course  and that is something Udemy knows (hence them allowing you to offer for free). 

The good thing here is that you have an audience, so you can offer it to that audience for free and with more confidence that they will be more fair and participative when they get the opportunity to be. With that base of support, your course will get more guaranteed traffic and good ratings, and will be more appealing to actual Udemy organic traffic in the longer run. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome @Lukasogier,

Sharing free coupons for your course should not result in a ban from the platform. Here are detailed guidelines on how to share coupons and referral links. If you have any concerns, I recommend contacting our Trust & Safety team at policy@udemy.com so they can clarify any doubts you may have about this. 

I'm tagging @AntonReif in this post since he recently had a similar question. 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors