Promoting my own business as part of the Udemy courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoting my own business as part of the Udemy courses

Hello,

I am new to this community and working on my first course creation. I was wondering if anyone can tell or or point me to the right documentation about self-promotion. Are we allowed to refer, promote our own business as part of the course we offer on Udemy? ie... If you want to find our more, please go to my website .. I want to make sure that I am not breaking any rules or breaching any policies. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Mirka_F, welcome to our community - we're happy to have you here! 🙂

This is a great question. Udemy offers the option to add a "Bonus lecture" to your courses. There, you are welcome to promote your business, services, products, website, and more. You can read our general rules for using the bonus lecture here.

Additionally, you can also feel free to link your website and social media on your instructor profile

I hope this information helps! If you have any further questions, please reach out and we'll be here for you.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Hi Bella, I'm preparing a new course and will certainly be making a Bonus Lecture to promote my business at the end of the course. I want to know if I am also allowed to post my website at the bottom of each of my lessons. This would be a simple line of text: just

my website address. Is that allowed? Thanks in advance for any guidance. - Barbara

Quote from Udemy article:

"

• You may include your website, social media profiles, or contact information as a small watermark on your video throughout the lecture. Please do not use distracting placement or colors.
  • You may show your website, social media profiles, or contact information at the beginning or end of your lecture video as long as they only appear briefly on the screen. You may not use a full lecture to provide this information.

"

I don't have the link to that article handy, I just saved this text in my notes so I would always know the rule. But in that article they show an example of what's ok and what's not ok. Basically, you can't use up a huge portion of the video screen for the website address. It has to be small and not distracting to the students watching.

Kenneth, many thanks for this. It's very helpful, and I appreciate you taking the time. Cheers!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors