Published my first course a week back

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Published my first course a week back

Hi, 

I published my course on Udemy a week back, now it has 3000 plus students. If anyone experienced instructor on udemy who can guide me, like when should I put fee on my course and how much should be the fee? , currently it's free. Thanks in advance! 

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most are bots and free course hoarders. You shouldn't have made anything free in the first place. Anyway, this topic has been discussed in the forum multiple times; hence please use the search to get the threads with the opinions you are seeking. All the best!

The next hurdle will be free coupons; don't give away any.

Hi @Goabeach !

So if I have to be as honest as possible the course in its current iteration will not sell well for two reasons :

1) Its in a super crowded space with tons of competition

2) It's only 34 minutes long

Luckily both of these issues can be overcome with (1) good marketing strategies and (2) building out your course to add more value.

Course creation done well is a crazy amount of work, despite what the pundits that sell the idea that AI can do all the heavy lifting is telling everybody that cares to listen. They are flat-out wrong, but that does not mean you cannot make a living out of this. It's just going to take more effort than newbies want to believe is all 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors