Question about course length

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about course length

Hello 🙂 

I got a question about course length and I know it's been discussed before but I just want to make sure if it's okay to upload the videos in 1 hour chunks. 

I have 20 videos and each is one hour long. The suggested length of 2-6 minutes would just be a nightmare to cut into chunks and also my courses are made in a way where people are used to watching them in one hour segments. 

Is it okay to upload it like that or will that result in a declined review? 

Cheers, Tim

2 Replies
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

My course doesn't have 2-6 minutes for similar reasons (8-15 mins); you can upload whatever you want, so the question is will your students engage for an hour, find it drawn out, or skip around bored?  It really depends on your audience, but seeing your other course has 20-minute videos and great reviews, I presume you know your audience, and a 20-hour course will be precious to them. 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

So your course is a bit special because you show the student every little step in the creation process of your 3D assets. 

I guess having some theory parts in between or short tasks here and there could be a good idea too. 

There are instructors that have a 1 hour video here and there in their videos, however If I wanted to learn to make 3D objects like I did in blender back in 2010, I found it very interesting to learn about how to operate the program, use blueprints, raytracing settings etc. in short topic based tutorial videos of around 6-10 minutes. 

So personally I would prefer watching short specific tutorial videos instead of watching 1 hour how an expert creates a beautiful 3D mesh.. But of course I don't really know what your course will be about, so my answer is also a wild guess of your intentions 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors