Question about my fees

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my fees

I am sharing a course link with my students to purchase the course. However, upon review, I noticed that instead of receiving a 97% as advertised on Udemy, I am only receiving around 37% of the course price. For instance, if the original course fee is $85 and after the discount, it becomes $14, I am only receiving $5 from the sale.

Please advice.

5 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to create a coupon. Go into "Promotions" on the left hand side of your instructor page, create a coupon for whatever price you want, and have them use that coupon. Then you will receive the 97% percent. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

The link I am using previously offered free enrollment for 1000 students through an old coupon, which has now expired. If I attempt to use the same coupon link, what benefits will it provide?

@Ahmad.Elhajjar I'd contact instructor support about it.

Nobody here knows the details of your coupons.

Generally, an expired discount coupon should still give you an attribution of 97% if the student uses it within 24 hours.

There were many discussions about what those 24 hours mean, and I don't know if a free coupon is considered a discount coupon.

All those nuances are best addressed by support.

Multiple students utilized the identical coupon link to enroll in the course, resulting in my score of 97%. Additionally, these students accessed the coupon link after its expiry of 24 hours. Lastly, another student also made use of the same coupon link and I got 37%. 

So my question now is: 

What is the most effective permanent link to be sent to our students that we know to earn the 97% of the price?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!