Questions about Courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Courses

Hello, this is my first post, glad to meet you.
I would like to inquire about two points, please:
01- Who determines these discounts on offers (because I found a discount on my course without my knowledge that reached 90 percent)?
02- How do I get new students for my course (I am confident that my course is valuable and unique)

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mahdadi,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for asking 😊

I'm happy to provide additional information about Udemy pricing and how to market your course to potential students. 

1)  If you are enrolled in the Deals program, our pricing system generates course-specific minimum prices and sale price ranges based on actual sales data for each course. If a course's revenue is maximized at a higher price point (balance between conversion rate and price paid), the system will move revenue toward that higher point over time. If the data suggests that revenue can be maximized in a lower amount of time, it will be sold at a lower price.

Please keep in mind that each sale is slightly different. A standing offer that encourages new users to sign up is different from a general sale, such as in a specific country market, and the price range for all courses is different from the global Black Friday sale. Therefore, you may see different price points over time depending on course performance, specific markets, and specific sales. For more information about the Deals program, see this Help Center article here.  Please note that you may opt out of the Deals Program at any time. Instructors can still participate in the marketplace without opting into promotional agreements.

2)  We know getting started on Udemy can be challenging, but no worries, Marketing is one of the most discussed topics in the community. You can find the Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Marketing here; these should provide helpful insights and best practices from other instructors. 

I also recommend watching this webinar we had a few months ago, Webinar Replay: 5 Things Every Instructor Should Do After Publishing.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have additional questions. 

I wish you a great week ahead!😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors