Regarding "Hot and New" Badge Expiry after 60 Days

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding "Hot and New" Badge Expiry after 60 Days

Go to solution

Hi instructors,

My course, published in March, was in 'Hot and New' category for a while. Now, as per Udemy rule book, after 60 days, the tag is gone.

My question to all the experienced instructors here is, has this affected the performance of your course in the past?

If so, what would be your recommendations for the courses I would launch in the future?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Thanks Gokul. Does that mean that for all the future courses, I should plan some strategy? If the course is getting this badge, I have 60 days to make sure that I get my SEO for Udemy done right, and get to the first page of search?

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Yes. You should have good reviews and if possible highest rated or bestseller badge by that time. I am not saying that having no badge will not make any sales. Yes, it will but a bit more with a badge. 

Engineer, Engineering Academy-Nepal

Go to solution

You need to make the highest sale in your category. Also your rating should be above 4.20.

Go to solution

@RabiyaNiazi404 wrote:

Which type of badges are required for best sale? Is you mean to say best seller badge

Badges only help you to get some extra sales. For your course to sell well, your content should be nice, reviews should be nice and you should do a little bit of marketing by yourself. 

11 Replies

Go to solution

Badges certainly help your course to stand out. Once the badge is gone, there is a little bit of difference in the enrollments. 

Go to solution

Thanks Gokul. Does that mean that for all the future courses, I should plan some strategy? If the course is getting this badge, I have 60 days to make sure that I get my SEO for Udemy done right, and get to the first page of search?

Go to solution

Yes. You should have good reviews and if possible highest rated or bestseller badge by that time. I am not saying that having no badge will not make any sales. Yes, it will but a bit more with a badge. 

Go to solution

My ratings are pretty much int the range of the top-rated ones, but I guess the total number of ratings are important as well, I haven't got the top-rated badge as of now.

Thanks for the answer. 

Go to solution

@Gokul What is the criteria for bestseller batch? 

Go to solution

You need to make the highest sale in your category. Also your rating should be above 4.20.

Go to solution

My course in on Instagram Marketing and already there are instructors with lots of rating and tags. So, what should I do in that case?

Go to solution

Promote your course well so that it can elevate. Once it elevates, udemy will promote it. Also check categories of other courses. 

@AdityaGoyal wrote:

My course in on Instagram Marketing and already there are instructors with lots of rating and tags. So, what should I do in that case?

Go to solution

@Gokul Thank you

Go to solution

Which type of badges are required for best sale? Is you mean to say best seller badge

Rabiya Khan Niazi

Go to solution

@RabiyaNiazi404 wrote:

Badges only help you to get some extra sales. For your course to sell well, your content should be nice, reviews should be nice and you should do a little bit of marketing by yourself. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors