Requirements to provide certificate to students?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements to provide certificate to students?

Hey all, I'm brand new here. Experienced course builder, but never for sites like this (Udemy)... Ive created ultra successful challenges and master courses, but giving a shot here. I have a few questions and Id figure I would post this as my first question. 

What is required for the course to provide a certificate when the student completes the course?

May sound like a dumb question, but Im just wondering if there are any requirements before I go through creating my first course.

Certain number of lessons, total lecture time, anything I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance! 

3 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @CoreyGrayCoaching We’re glad to have you here! 😊

When all the curriculum items of a course have been completed, the certificate of completion will be ready to be downloaded by the students, the certificate is available only in paid courses.

Regarding your question about the requirements, there are minimum requirements a course must have for it to be published on the Udemy platform, you can check them in this article.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you Bessy! 🙂 

It should be noted that the student doesn’t actually have to watch all of the content to get the certificate. They can simply mark every lecture as complete and get the paper. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors