Review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review

Go to solution

I have a number of clients that said posted reviews and it been over 48 hours and nothing is showing up

AKA LightSport Man
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey there! My guess is that something about the review was flagged by our spam filter. Udemy uses an algorithm to scan reviews and look for behaviors that might indicate that the review is fake/spam. If you believe these reviews were filtered incorrectly, you can reach out to policy@udemy.com and ask them to double-check.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hey there! My guess is that something about the review was flagged by our spam filter. Udemy uses an algorithm to scan reviews and look for behaviors that might indicate that the review is fake/spam. If you believe these reviews were filtered incorrectly, you can reach out to policy@udemy.com and ask them to double-check.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

But how do i see the reviews that are filtered out in the first place? 

I know that i have x students and should have nearly as many reviews, but as an instructor I cant be sure who has left reviews and who has not.

Initially i sent email to policy@udemy and they unblocked some reviews.

Should i keep emailing every month to have them check for blocked reviews?

Instead it would be better if instructors are allowed to see all reviews, filtered and unfiltered so that they know there are genuine reviews blocked in the pipeline and email Udemy if required.

As it stands now I am left completely in the dark.

Ideally the review page should show all reviews and allow for an appeal/review option right there instead of having to email.

regards,

sumesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@LightSportMan,

Udemy takes an unreasonably long amount of time to post reviews.  They say 48 hours, but 48 hours for what?  First I find that reviews show up in my Instructor Reviews panel.  Then it takes a while longer for the reviews to appear in CSV downloads, longer still for them to appear in my instructor profile and finally they appear in search results.  I've found that this process can take up to 4 days as Udemy runs mulitiple batch processes (not frequently enough) to update the various databases (that are always out of sync) that they report out of.

I've reported this in the past but all my improvement requests have ultimately been ignored.  There is no channel right now to get Udemy to fix problems like this.

---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors