Setting course to appear in higher video quality

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting course to appear in higher video quality

Hi everyone. I am a first time instructor, and am currently putting my course curriculum together. When i preview my videos that I have uploaded as lessons, the highest video quality is 720p. Since this is a crochet course, it is important for it to be as clear as possible so that students can see how stitches are constructed etc. Does anyone know how i can get 1080p video quality?

Thanks.

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GrandmaLilly, I’m happy to give some background info about this to help explain why you are not seeing the 1080p option on your course videos. Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p. Once your course is published, feel free to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com so that our team can enable this or you.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Thank you so much Bella!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors