Sharing Social Media Accounts with Students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Social Media Accounts with Students

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

My course has been up for about a month and so far seems to be going well. Following much of the advice I've seen here about promoting courses through other social platforms (Facebook, Instagram) is it okay to invite your current students to follow you on these other platforms?... I don't mean my personal accounts but accounts I'm starting that have the same focus as my course.

I work in film and would like to be able to share updates and show examples of the material I'm teaching being used in the field.

Cheers,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@ScottB016, You may include your website, social media profiles, or contact information as a small watermark on your video throughout the lecture or at the beginning or end of your lecture video as long as they only appear briefly on the screen. You may not use a full lecture to provide this information nor use distracting placement or colors.

For any specifics on watermarks in videos, feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com and the team will gladly clarify further.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @ScottB016, we have a place just for that, your instructor profile. In your profile you can add links to your personal website, YouTube channel, and social media profiles​ like Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. These links can provide more information about your experience and credentials, and are a great way for instructors to tell students more about them and increase their audience.

To add external links to your profile, scroll to the bottom of your Profile page, and enter your information. After you’ve entered the external links, click Save.

For tips on how to create a compelling and engaging Instructor bio please click here.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you Abbie, I have looked at that but unfortunately there's no option for Instagram or Vimeo, the two of the three plaforms I use most. I'm put my Vimeo portfolie as my website, but how/where can I include Instagram?

Cheers,

Scott

Go to solution

@ScottB016, You may include your website, social media profiles, or contact information as a small watermark on your video throughout the lecture or at the beginning or end of your lecture video as long as they only appear briefly on the screen. You may not use a full lecture to provide this information nor use distracting placement or colors.

For any specifics on watermarks in videos, feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com and the team will gladly clarify further.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Perfect, thank you very much for info Abbie.

Go to solution

I want to invite my student into discord group for weekly session how can i put link in my course without violating any rules that you. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors