Struggling with Camera Anxiety

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with Camera Anxiety

Hey folks, 

I hope you' all doing great. I'm getting started recording an online course. but I'm struggling with Camera Anxiety. I'm usually super relaxed speaking publicly and giving in person lectures. 

But being recorded on camera is a whole another thing for me. I tend to reshoot tons of times and I'm never satisfied with the end results. 

I'm curious, am I the only one here who struggles with this? Is there anybody else whose camera anxiety is preventing from recording online courses? have you guys any tips? 

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@BilelBOURAO613  I'm bumping up your post in the hopes to get some comments from your fellow instructors who have experienced the same scenario.

Dear Sir,

It’s nice to hear that you are good at and enjoy giving direct lectures. 
I think many of us struggle with camera because

1. it’s recorded for posterity and people can give feedback at leisure. 

2. in a face to face talk, people can observe the body language and it covers up some grammatical errors in speech. Further, one can fully understand the sincerity of the speaker.

You could try delivering the lectures without showing the face until you are comfortable.

Best Regards,

Hello, in the past I had the same issue so I understand you however I overcame it 6 years ago. 

I have managed to help people just like you, overcome their fears and anxieties through my virtual hypnosis and NLP therapy. If you are interested to learn more kindly Whatsapp me on

+356 79630029 or e-mail me at zammitsoler@gmail.com.

Your newfound confidence awaits you. 

Andrew. 

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BilelBOURAO613

Welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing your fears. Many instructors have faced the same struggle of being recorded, so you're not alone 😊

I understand that you're never satisfied with the end result, but remember that “perfection is the enemy of progress”.  Therefore, I encourage you to continue recording your videos. With time, being in front of the camera will start feeling more natural for you, and your videos are getting better and better.  (Personal experience: I'm super nervous speaking in public, but practicing kind of helps!) 

Once you feel more comfortable, you can revisit your previous recordings and make adjustments
if necessary.

However, if you still find it challenging to get used to being recorded, don't worry! We have many successful instructors who choose not to use face shots. Working with screencasts or other presentations is completely acceptable, depending on the topic you're teaching.

Feel free to explore the community posts on this topic for more insights.

I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best moving forward. Keep us updated about your progress!

If you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know 😊.   

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors