Thumbnails

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnails

Go to solution

Hi,

I am just uploading my first course on Udemy. 

When I preview the course as a student, the first video images I see, I mean the thumbnails, are pretty awful, not attractive...

Is it possible to change the thumbnail of the video image that appears to students in the course? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @keithohare, currently we don't have this option available. I've passed your feedback to the team, however. Thanks for bringing it up!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @keithohare, currently we don't have this option available. I've passed your feedback to the team, however. Thanks for bringing it up!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks Abbie!

Go to solution

That's unfortunate as my thumbnails are AWFUL.

In the meantime, would it be possible to find out the algorithm as to how they generate the thumbnail? Like do they choose a specific time in the video so we could figure out what frame would end up as the thumbnail?

Go to solution

I am working on my first course and took a lot of time to create a nice opening image for each video. It would be good to have the choice of a thumbnail or I will also be devastated to be stuck with horrible ones after my hard work. I spent a year researching and buying equipment before I even started filming. I would like to submit my own thumbnails.

LL

Go to solution

Is there a place for the community to vote on planned features? For me, this is huge.

Go to solution

I messed around with this for some time on one of my courses, and it seemed I was able to narrow it down to the 6 or 7 second range. That's where the auto generated thumbnails seem to be generating from.

So, what I decided to do was add an animated intro title for each video (so that it wouldn't feel weird that there was 10 seconds of "dead air") and made sure that the 6-7 second mark was how I would want the thumbnail to look if I had control over uploading my own. It's definitely more work than it should be, but it works.

Go to solution

I'm in exactly this position 18 months later - I can't see how to change the thumbnail on each of my lecture videos.  Has Udemy solved this issue yet?

Go to solution

Three years later 🤔

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors