It's time of the year again. Albeit interesting times.
You may be creating your first course.
Maybe you started a while ago but for whatever reason you haven't managed to get going or not quite ready for publishing yet!
I've been there. Certainly with my first course. I thought I'd have it sorted in a month but it was 6 months later before I got to the publish stage!
The important thing is to keep going.
This is a great time of the year for starting afresh and setting new goals and targets. Don't underestimate the power of taking this time to rethink your plan to get your first course up and live or plan what your next course is going to be on.
Here's a couple of tips to make sure that you're setting great goals
1. SMART is a popular anacronym for setting goals. However often it isn't used properly and not enough time is spent on the details. Remember proper preparation prevents poor performance (5Ps). If it's used well then it works -so spend some time making your goals SMART ( Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timebound).
2. Check that you are including HOW you are going to achieve your goal
3. Make sure you have broken your goals into smaller manageable chunks - detail does help make the goal more realistic
4. Make sure you have "catch yourself going off track" plans
5. Get an accountability partner to help you stay on track
And of course making use of the community can really help keep you focused
Happy Holidays and here's to a fantastic 2022 - we ALL deserve this