Tips for Growing Business on Udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Growing Business on Udemy

Go to solution

Greetings from team Letstute,

Hope you all doing great in your own ways on Udemy.

We are on this platform from last 4 years & we have a bunch of good courses in various segments like:

1. Art & Craft:

- Acrylic painting, watercolor painting, origami, sketch, brush lettering.

2. Professional:

- Spoken English, Accounting, Excel, GST, Tally, Public speaking, Digital Marketing etc.

3. Academic:

- Maths & Science

We have applied many strategies to bring enrollments but for some reason we were not able to scale up our business.

Here's the stats...

Online Courses - Learn Anything, On Your Schedule _ Udemy.png

We'd love to hear some good & unique strategies from your side.

Thanks in advance.

Letstute
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

It looks like the main drop is in the bottom, yellow segment of the graph. I can't quite make it out, but is that "Your Promotions?" If so, did you change anything with how you used Udemy promotional announcements starting in August?

Did your pace of releasing new courses change in August? Perhaps you had a steady stream of promotions for new courses that stopped around then?

View solution in original post

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@LetsTute As I look at your subjects I am wondering about your brand strategy. This could be a contributing factor. If you look at Frank Kane's courses, or mine, you will see that they are largely within the same or similar categories. In other words someone who takes one course and likes it may very well take another course from the same instructor because they then know that Frank Kane, for example, is both expert in his area and is an excellent instructor. In your case I see very different categories - arts and crafts, accounting, excel, etc. I am not sure what your brand identity is. 

I do not know that this is the explanation, but it could be a factor.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hello FrankKane ,

Thank you for your inputs, it was helpful for us

In the month of August we had stop promotional activities because of some internal issues but we frequently published new courses, at first they regenerated decent revenue , now they are not performing well . Now we are planning to fresh start

Please Helps us with resources regarding promotional activities .

Regards, Team Letstute

Letstute

Go to solution

Hello, Thank you so much for your feedback!

We completely agree  with your point.

Although, all our courses are created by professionals in specific segment, could you please elaborate more on strategy part which help us to reach out more students and building brand value

Regards Team Letstute

Letstute

FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you stopped promoting your new courses, that's probably why they are failing to gain traction. You need to get a certain number of reviews before a new course really has a shot at selling on its own. Are you at least using Udemy promotional announcements?

There are lots of free ways to promote your course and there's really no reason not to. I don't know what sort of "internal issues" caused you to stop in August, but resolving that seems like the main thing to do.

Udemy provides lots of guidance on things you can do at https://teach.udemy.com/marketing/

5 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

It looks like the main drop is in the bottom, yellow segment of the graph. I can't quite make it out, but is that "Your Promotions?" If so, did you change anything with how you used Udemy promotional announcements starting in August?

Did your pace of releasing new courses change in August? Perhaps you had a steady stream of promotions for new courses that stopped around then?

Go to solution

Hello FrankKane ,

Thank you for your inputs, it was helpful for us

In the month of August we had stop promotional activities because of some internal issues but we frequently published new courses, at first they regenerated decent revenue , now they are not performing well . Now we are planning to fresh start

Please Helps us with resources regarding promotional activities .

Regards, Team Letstute

Letstute
FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you stopped promoting your new courses, that's probably why they are failing to gain traction. You need to get a certain number of reviews before a new course really has a shot at selling on its own. Are you at least using Udemy promotional announcements?

There are lots of free ways to promote your course and there's really no reason not to. I don't know what sort of "internal issues" caused you to stop in August, but resolving that seems like the main thing to do.

Udemy provides lots of guidance on things you can do at https://teach.udemy.com/marketing/

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@LetsTute As I look at your subjects I am wondering about your brand strategy. This could be a contributing factor. If you look at Frank Kane's courses, or mine, you will see that they are largely within the same or similar categories. In other words someone who takes one course and likes it may very well take another course from the same instructor because they then know that Frank Kane, for example, is both expert in his area and is an excellent instructor. In your case I see very different categories - arts and crafts, accounting, excel, etc. I am not sure what your brand identity is. 

I do not know that this is the explanation, but it could be a factor.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hello, Thank you so much for your feedback!

We completely agree  with your point.

Although, all our courses are created by professionals in specific segment, could you please elaborate more on strategy part which help us to reach out more students and building brand value

Regards Team Letstute

Letstute
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors