UFB and Exclusivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFB and Exclusivity

Dear Community,

I have Udemy courses and a YouTube channel, the contents are different meaning I don't use the same videos on YouTube and Udemy at the same time, although sometimes I take small fragments but these are less than 5% of my overall content. So I can say, from my perspective that content is fairly different, and for me there shouldn't be any issues at this point.

But I have a doubt regarding Udemy for Business, I have students and YT viewers who contacted me asking me to put my courses on UFB, I am not intending to put these courses on any other platform I simply need to check that my YouTube content doesn't violate the UFB exclusivity rules. The reason I am asking is that although the videos are different, between my YT channel and Udemy courses they are still within the same niche and discussing the same topics with some information overlaps, although I repeat the videos are different (different content, different recordings, different exercises...). So I am somehow in a grey area here, especially that UFB exclusivity mentions that I shouldn't offer any related VOD that would compete with the UFB course, and I could say anything related to algorithmic trading (my niche) could and could not "compete" with my courses.

I don't know if I have described my hesitation clearly, but any information can be helpful, I just don't want to violate any Udemy rules by mistake. (If you need my YT channel link I can provide it, if details matter).

Thank you for your help.

Ziad

1 Reply

@ZiadFrancis Great Question! 

I am curious as well, as I did not consider YouTube a competitor for Udemy for Business. The way I read the policy is a direct competitor like another online learning platform, not social media or a streaming channel. I now am awaiting clarity with you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors