Udemy Course Marketing #3: Get Lots of Free Students Fast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Udemy Course Marketing #3: Get Lots of Free Students Fast

The morning of October, 18, 2017, I began a promotion to give away free coupons to my latest Udemy course. New enrollments are now slowing down after 3 1/2 days to the point that some useful data has arisen.

My plan was to utilize four avenues to increase student headcount for my course.

Udemy – I used a promotional announcement to all my students to advertise my new free course. Note that I have 61,000 students which is probably more than most instructors reading this document have access to. So my Udemy results are probably better than what you’ll experience. A single promotional announcement to all my students was the sole action I performed.

Facebook – I advertised via 30 Udemy coupon promotional groups. I posted my coupon twice to each group over a number of days.

Best Black Hat Forum (BBHF) – I posted my coupon on the BBHF site and bumped my post once with a reference to my already free course on the same topic.

Purchase – A number of people purchased my course before and while I announced the sale.

Also note that this course is in a rather small niche, so I found fewer takers than usual. Still, this fact shouldn’t affect the following overall ratios.

Here are the results of my attempt to gather students for my new Udemy course:

44% 1168 Udemy
4% 97 Facebook
49% 1304 BBHF
3% 10 Purchase
—- —-
100% 2579 Total Students
==== ====

Read more...

1 Reply

Great! 

I enjoyed it a lot!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!