Udemy Payment Methods

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy Payment Methods

When I started my journey with Udemy, it was the payment methods point that became a hurdle. I feel this point is a hurdle in many countries. Paypal and Payoneer and that's it. Bank transfer is only for US citizens. It is a tough thing. In a few countries Paypal and Payoneer do not work and so a big number of people are deprived of participating on Udemy. 

Udemy is a global platform and global payment methods should be offered for both ends, i.e. for collecting earnings by instructors and for buying courses by students. 

Mobile payment methods are now an accepted phenomenon in almost all countries. People find it easy to pay and deal through mobile payment methods. If Udemy can offer these mobile payment methods countrywide, the number of users, students, and instructors can increase.

2 Replies

Thanks for this post. I agree. I am just starting and these point become confusing and tough.

Maybe a short steps kind of guide in this would also help. Opening it to multiple payment options would be beneficial for many.

You are right. Local regional payment methods can boost response and people will feel easy. It is very simple to understand. The majority of people use mobile payment methods nowadays and such options should be offered. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors