Udemy full price course still selling via promotions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy full price course still selling via promotions

Hello

I have temporarily taken all my courses off the promotions offer. This means that a new student will pay the full price. I did this over 2 months ago. When a new student signs up, I still get a very low share of the profit. For example if the course is now set to £99, I get £12. I checked and the courses are all now set to the full price. So this should not be happening.

Can you assist with any information that I am missing.

Thank you.

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Faigy Talks ADHD, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

When you opt out of the Deals Program, it usually takes up to 10 days for it to stop being offered at a discount on the Udemy site, specifically for campaigns that started while you were still opted in. This 10-day period allows us to honor discounts that have already been offered to students in active campaigns.  I can see that in your case it's already been 2 months, so to address this concern, I recommend contacting our Instructor Support team directly.

One thing that could be happening here is that despite being opted out of Udemy Deals, the revenue share applied to each sale is what's causing the discounts you're seeing. Udemy operates on a revenue-sharing model with instructors. The specific revenue share percentage can vary depending on factors such as how the student found the course (organic search, instructor promotions, Udemy promotions, etc.), whether the course is part of the Udemy Deals Program and other factors like taxes and fees. To get a more accurate understanding of your revenue share and any changes in the pricing structure, I recommend taking a look at your Revenue Report and viewing your single-transaction details to have a breakdown of each sale. It should look like this: 

Bella_0-1682542256932.png

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact our support team. They will be able to investigate the issue further and provide you with guidance on why the full price is being charged despite your courses being opted out from Udemy's promotions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors