Universities are teaching my course in the classroom

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universities are teaching my course in the classroom

Hello All,

I have evidence a university is teaching my course in the classroom and is essentially getting the students to purchase the course, while this might sound like a good thing the students are not experienced enough for the content I am teaching and they all leave bad reviews because they don't meet the course requirements. This is a 4.5 star rated course and a best seller and now since this university started teaching my course in the classroom without permission I have seen 1-3 star ratings in recent months.

Now I am unsure if they are in breach of Udemy license terms or not as they are getting the students to buy the course to my knowledge, though I believe even showing the course in the classroom could be a breach of my intellectual property and the license terms of Udemy.

Has anyone else experienced this before? It makes me angry that they are making thousands of dollars from these students just to show them my course in the classroom without my prior consent.

Thanks

Dan

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DanielMcCarthy I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are facing with the university teaching your course without permission. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. I recommend reporting this matter to Udemy's Trust & Safety team immediately. They will be able to investigate the situation and take appropriate action to protect your intellectual property rights. Please send an email to policy@udemy.com.

Eliana 

Udemy Communtiy Moderation. 

Wow, that's unbelievable. I'm really sorry you're dealing with this. What could have made someone decide to do that, especially at such a prestigious university? It's completely absurd. I understand why you're so angry. The best thing you can do now is make your class private. If I were you, I would also contact the university and inform them that this teacher is not using their own curriculum, but instead, they are stealing your work from the internet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!