Update your course landing page to help students decide whether your course is right for them

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update your course landing page to help students decide whether your course is right for them

Your course landing page (CLP) is very important because it provides information to help students determine whether they want to enroll in your course. Think of this as your storefront.

If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out this post about picking the right keywords to help students discover your course.

The first thing a prospective student sees is your course title and subtitle, so these are the most important areas of your CLP to optimize. Your title should include your keyword and encourage action. Check out this Teaching Center post for some pointers on how to optimize your title and subtitle.

Once you’ve updated your titles, it’s time to focus on the rest of your CLP, specifically your target audience, course goals, and course description. These areas help prospective students decide if this is the right course for them and it helps set expectations so they know what they’ll be learning. Look over this checklist to see if your descriptions accurately reflect your course.

We hope these checklists have been helpful in optimizing your CLP! We’d love to hear if you see an improvement in your conversion rates.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all due respect, students won't even see my landing pages for my new courses when my categories are ranked simply by the number of reviews.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JocelynH,

This is a great point.  I would include the promotional video as a very important non-textual element of your course landing page.

I've actually be thinking of taking a week or two to upgrade all 44 of my CLP's along with replacing promotional videos as needed.

Performance metrics an help to point to your problem areas:

1) Low CLP visits flags poor niche selection (low traffic niche or too much competition) and/or poor title and subtitle keywords.

2) Low conversion percentage points out back description, learning, prerequesites, targetted students and possibly most important of all: a poor promotional video.

So, as indicated, this might be my next Udemy mission.

Thanks for posting this,

---Brian 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors