Uploading Word files

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Word files

Go to solution

For my course, I would like to use Word files for my examples of certain topics and my exercises. Is this possible?  I don't see how to do it.  I see how to upload videos but not word files.  TIA 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hey @ByVanessaS 

.DOC or .DOCX files are only supported in additional resources. So if you would like to share examples, you can add those files as resources. Here are the supported file types and where they can be uploaded: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229233467-Supported-File-Types

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thank you Maria, 

The issue is I don't see anything that says additional resources or a way to add additional resources.  Where is that located?  Ultimately what I am trying to do is provide samples of the work that I am asking the student to do.  If I can't add it to the lesson itself then what is the point?  This is a very frustrating process because I don't see guidance for simple things as building the curriculum in the actual system, how to add documents to support the lesson etc.  I can see why people just give up it should not be this difficult. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @ByVanessaS 

.DOC or .DOCX files are only supported in additional resources. So if you would like to share examples, you can add those files as resources. Here are the supported file types and where they can be uploaded: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229233467-Supported-File-Types

Hope this helps!

Go to solution

Thank you Maria, 

The issue is I don't see anything that says additional resources or a way to add additional resources.  Where is that located?  Ultimately what I am trying to do is provide samples of the work that I am asking the student to do.  If I can't add it to the lesson itself then what is the point?  This is a very frustrating process because I don't see guidance for simple things as building the curriculum in the actual system, how to add documents to support the lesson etc.  I can see why people just give up it should not be this difficult. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors