Using Data and Statistics in My Course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Data and Statistics in My Course

Greetings!  I would like to create a pre-assessment to get a feel for how well my students know the content as part of the introduction section.  I cant seem to find information about using statistics from data sites or the internet as potential quiz questions. I am guessing any government agency data is ok to use, but is that correct?  I cant seem to find attribution info on the individual websites... anyone with advice here?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RedRocketHood, thank you for reaching out. Using data and statistics can be a great way to engage your students and provide real-world context to your course. When it comes to using data from external sources, it's important to ensure that you have the appropriate permissions and are properly attributing the data.

If you're having trouble finding attribution information, you may want to consider reaching out to the website or organization directly to request permission to use their data and to inquire about proper attribution. In general, it's always a good idea to err on the side of caution and obtain permission before using any data or statistics from external sources.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to policy@udemy.com.

I hope this helps!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors