Video Recording Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Recording Software

Hello,

What are the screen recording platforms/software's you would recommend me using to record my Udemy course where I can screenshare. I obviously don't want to use zoom or Microsoft teams. Just looking to do video recordings with my screen shared without showing my face or any visual graphics. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @AdamHelmker104 

Happy to help! We have a thread with a list of useful sources for instructors that includes Free Video Capture and Video Editor Softwares here. Let us know if we can help you further! 

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

If you're willing to spend a little, a lot of us use Camtasia Studio. It does everything you need without too steep a learning curve. 

Thank you. Do most people record an entire 4-5 hour lesson and just chop it up into different sections or do most people just record 8-10 min videos at a time and upload them as separate sections once they're ready for Udemy uploading. 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Typically a section is a collection of short videos on a similar topic within your course. There are no rules, but I find it better to record individual videos of about 5 minutes apiece one at a time. That way you are more likely to ensure each video stands on its own, teaching one specific thing. Many learners just consume individual videos out of context, so it is best make sure each one stands on its own if that makes sense.

Some would even say 5 minutes is too long for modern attention spans.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!