Video length

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video length

Go to solution

Hi, 

Is there any length limit for video lectures? May I create for example 45min lectures? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TameraDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

While you CAN make a 45 minute video-students don't often like when they are that long. Their attention span often does not make it. Also, another issue with a video that long is the SIZE of the video, in order to be small enough to upload you will have to compress it enough which will likely reduce the quality and make it less enjoyable to watch. I HIGHLY recommend finding places to break it apart. Have a section dedicated to it and go from there.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*

View solution in original post

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

You will lose them if you try. Plus I think that even for mediation it is nor recommended we go over 20 minutes. Peoples attention span is not that long! 2-10 minutes works for most people. Plus many learn whilst they are commuting - so keeping it short allows them to catch up on some learning on the go. Good luck with your course. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TameraDion
Community Champion

Go to solution

While you CAN make a 45 minute video-students don't often like when they are that long. Their attention span often does not make it. Also, another issue with a video that long is the SIZE of the video, in order to be small enough to upload you will have to compress it enough which will likely reduce the quality and make it less enjoyable to watch. I HIGHLY recommend finding places to break it apart. Have a section dedicated to it and go from there.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*
SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

You will lose them if you try. Plus I think that even for mediation it is nor recommended we go over 20 minutes. Peoples attention span is not that long! 2-10 minutes works for most people. Plus many learn whilst they are commuting - so keeping it short allows them to catch up on some learning on the go. Good luck with your course. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Thanks Tamera,

yes I'll have roughly 100 lectures and %95 of them are around 10 minutes but I've also 2 or 3 sections which will be around 30 min. I'm working on a technical training and really some sections are impossible to cut. That's the reason why I've asked if that's technically possible or not.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors