Video production software - revisited

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video production software - revisited

Go to solution

Hi! 

I know there are quite a few threads about the issue but I have spent hours without getting certainty that I am moving in the right direction, so I would appreciate your advice.

Here is what I need: talking head + green screen + text at the side. NO screencasts.

I have started toying around with Hitfilm and Shotcut (both free & powerful) but I am uncertain whether that is an efficient solution if you have a lot of identically formatted text that becomes visible little by little as you speak.

Everybody mentions Camtasia - but that seems to be primarily for screencasting, right?

Btw, I am using Windows.

Thanks a lot 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Thanks! The thing is that I would like to use a teleprompter with a fully developed script. So I will have to film myself speaking in my natural rhythm, and only then can I add the text.

Do I get you right that you suggest the following: 1) film myself, 2) listen to the video and click through the slideshow while screencasting, 3) combine the two tracks (myself + slides)?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hello,

So if you have text to your side it won't be that much visible and it's not a good idea too...as it take a lot of time 

Solution to this is you can convert all your text as an image like a ppt and combine all the images using a video editor...and you can place yourself at bottom right corner...

While creating texts make sure that you leave some space for your chroma key footage..

Go to solution

Thanks! The thing is that I would like to use a teleprompter with a fully developed script. So I will have to film myself speaking in my natural rhythm, and only then can I add the text.

Do I get you right that you suggest the following: 1) film myself, 2) listen to the video and click through the slideshow while screencasting, 3) combine the two tracks (myself + slides)?

Go to solution

Yeah film yourself and while editing you can add your slides 

Go to solution

If you want any further help regarding editing I can help you because I work as an editor 

Go to solution

yeah, you can do that addition of text in the video at the time of editing but make sure while you are filming the video spare some space in the frame. so, we can add that text with your face in the frame. if you need any help I will be happy.Smiley Happy 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors