Welcome to the community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the community

Hi All,

I plan to create the initial 'Welcome & course introduction video' covering the following aspects:

1) Context setting for the course

2) My self introduction

3)  Course objective

4)  What 'prior knowledge' is required

5)  Explain about course agenda / section wise coverage 

6)  Key learnings and takeaways

7)  target audience

😎 ...and, finally explaining "Why this course is UNIQUE' point in 1 slide

All above 8 aspects will be explained in around 10+ minutes using respective PPT slides. 

I feel all above 8 aspects are to be covered in the above order and through 'single initial welcome video' instead of splitting into 'multiple videos' (i feel impact will be lost if above details come as 'multiple videos' taking time to load one after another).

These aspects will only help the students in making the decision on 'registering for the course'. 

is there any norm in udemy that the initial video should not be 10+ minutes duration ? do you see having this welcome video as a 'single one' with 10+ min duration will be a concern for the students ? 

any suggestions please...

1 Reply

Well it depends on the necessity for you to keep it absolutely to that length keeping in mind the inclusion of all the eight points of importance as you listed. If you feel that the bare minimum time to reasonably cover all the aspects takes that much, then I would go for it (in your place)! As far as I know there is no norm in udemy that the initial video should not be 10+ minutes duration. Regarding if the students may have a concern for a single video of that duration depends on how you are able to make it justify its duration in your presentation. I am sure if you could convincingly put your case as an interesting welcome video, then I don't foresee much concern by majority of them as they would like to get the most value out of it. However if you could condense the matter to a duration not more than 5-6 minutes it would be ideal! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors