What are all the ways to promote your courses outside of udemy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are all the ways to promote your courses outside of udemy?

Go to solution

How do you promote your courses externally i.e. not considering udemy promotion and affiliate. What are all the steps you usually take to promote?

Any specific platform that you guys use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Do check out this message in which I tried to summarize the ways you can promote your course.

https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Plan-Your-Course-Marketing-Before-You-Publ...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

9 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think you'll find that the best way to promote a course is to create a second course, and cross-promote the two using Udemy promotional announcements and bonus lectures.

But to answer your question - I find YouTube to be the most effective external channel. You have to be clever though, and select preview videos to upload that fit with what people might be searching for on YouTube. The videos on YouTube that end up taking off for me are often unexpected; there's a bit of luck involved.

I also have my own website where I list my courses, and link off to Udemy. LinkedIn is also a fairly good channel. I also have my own mailing list, and social media presences on Facebook and Twitter, but I find those to be much less valuable.

Udemy has a good writeup with even more ideas at https://teach.udemy.com/marketing/use-external-marketing-tools/

Hope this helps.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Do check out this message in which I tried to summarize the ways you can promote your course.

https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Plan-Your-Course-Marketing-Before-You-Publ...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

It says access denied when i click that link.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

OK, sorry about that. I published it in the Published Instructor Club, and then i republished it in Studio U, but it is hard as hell to find. Anyway, I have changed the link above, so it will now work.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

I created  You tube channel and sharing to my relatives, friends and social media. But till now I didn't pay

to anyone.

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your valuable support and suggestions.I have You tube channel and I am sharing through You tube. Presently I have no FB. Though I left my previous jobs as teacher/ lecturer, I am handling Prajna classes designed by Chinna Jeeyar Swamy, with the intention to inculcate, moral values among kids at tender age on the request of parents. Students are

very much impressed by the stories related to Mathrudevobhava, which depicts how grateful children should be towards their mother, Pithrudevobhava, towards father and Acharya Devobhava that depicts , why they should be grateful to their teachers/ gurus. There are also stories related to Ideal Friendship, Gratitude etc. Their roles and responsibilities to the society and environment where they are living . There are also some stories related to Power of Words and so on

Based on these stories I am also trying to develop communication skills as I worked as an English teacher/ lecturer earlier. 

Thank you

Go to solution

Hi Lawrence,

I am quite new to Udemy stuff and looking for how to promote my course.

Some of your tips are excellent.👏

Thanks

Go to solution

Thank you for the link.

Currently have success in free courses. Its good strategy for everyone I think.

Just because udemy has tons of good sellers and to be a new good seller need to spend some time.

To be payed for courses I still build brand name here and get popularity in my Target Audience.

Think it helps me to be more successfull

Kindly regards

Yan

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @AnmolDeep I definitely think if you have other courses then it certainly makes it easier. Over the years I have used a combination of social media ( Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) and a Facebook group. I have never paid for any promotions / ads etc. By far my biggest success is LinkedIn followed by my Facebook Group. Having said that the important factor in social media promotion is consistency and commitment. It's a long term haul rather than a quick win. I am in the UK and I find my non-Udemy connections don't like the "sell 'em cheap pile 'em high" approach. So I tend to combine my courses into my coaching packages so my courses are resources or an add-on to my coaching which is the star of what I offer. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors