Where do I start from?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start from?

Go to solution

I am new here but not new to online course creation. How do I know what courses are bestsellers on Udemy?

I can teach the following:

How to use filmora, Canva, revit architecture, and how to find your purpose in life.

I am currently working on a research that will help people start afresh after a lockdown.

Please can someone help me clarify my jumbled thoughts here?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

I know what you are asking here - I tried to get that information from Udemy. They won't tell you. There are, however, other resources. As far as narrowing your jumbled thoughts. Yeah, I can help with that. I have been an instructional designer for over 15 years. This is a skillset the vast majority of people pushing online courses these days does not have.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thank you Eric, I will keep this idea in mind while I make a decision.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I am not sure we can "help you clarify your jumbled thoughts". My suggestion is you teach a) what you are most passionate about. b) use the search function to study other courses in that category and figure out why the best sellers sell well and then think about how you can match or do better than those courses. 

Experiment. We are all experimenting.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you. This helps a great deal.

Go to solution

I know what you are asking here - I tried to get that information from Udemy. They won't tell you. There are, however, other resources. As far as narrowing your jumbled thoughts. Yeah, I can help with that. I have been an instructional designer for over 15 years. This is a skillset the vast majority of people pushing online courses these days does not have.

Go to solution

Thank you Eric, I will keep this idea in mind while I make a decision.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

It is rather easy to see which courses are the best sellers. Pick a category and put it in the search bar. As an instructor you want to be on the first page of search results, preferably at the top and preferably with the "Best Seller" tag. 

Here is another list of best sellers. But these may be topics that you are not expert in, and there is already very stiff competition: https://www.businessinsider.com/udemy-best-online-classes#5-the-complete-digital-marketing-course-5

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Interesting! I will check out the link and implement the ideas you just proposed. Thank you.

Go to solution

Keywords+statistics

Go to solution

Thank you Ana. You mean I should check out what keywords others are using?

Go to solution

Google Analytics can help you. 

Go to solution

Can I do that on Udemy?

Go to solution

Dear Udemy provides all the information inside the instructor account, Click on "Tools" tab and there you can search any topic and get the analytics data as well keyword search volume and best seller courses all at one place. 

Every topic have at least 5 bestseller instructor. So you cant judge any topic to become bestseller. But you can surely rank on the topics where number of courses are " average" means low in numbers you can scale very fast. For example your "canva" choice is very good for digital marketing aspirants on Udemy. But differentiate yourself from the others. 

You can create your course in such a way that students get knowledge about the subject - canva and its complete usage and how can they earn by using this skills, Because every business looks for creatives to use on their websites or emails or any other purpose. your students can start their creative journey by creating good designs on canva and make their website to be used for their clients and client can edit those designs on canva again as per their requirement or use it directly.

Hope it helps.

Go to solution

Thank you for taking out time to respond in details. I am very happy getting all this feedback from you.

I am definitely going to look into all you have said especially with the Canva because I have lots of experience from using Canva from the first time it was launched.

Thank you again 😊

Go to solution

Welcome dear, All the best 🙂

Go to solution

You start to solve problems of people life. People have all problem like filora editing how to teach how to drive how to behave like this so you can make course all of them

Go to solution

This is very helpful, thank you so much. I am already working on something that will solve some pressing problems.

FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

In your instructor dashboard, you'll find a tool called "Insights." This lets you research how popular different topics are, and just as importantly, how much competition exists in those topics. Often the best selling topics are the worst ones to create a new course in, because there are hundreds of entrenched courses you have to beat. But, the Insights tool tries to balance this for you and tell you which topics are good opportunities, and which are not. It can be very helpful.

Go to solution

Thank you for this information. Where can I find this insight tool because it seems not to be here on the mobile app

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors