Which method do you recommend?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which method do you recommend?

Published instructors, which did you choose- PayPal or Payoneer and why?

LL
10 Replies
AtilSamancioglu
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

hi, i live in Turkey so i had to choose Payoneer by default since PayPal stopped its services over here. payoneer cuts 2% of the income while transferring to your bank account. i don't know the number for paypal so maybe it would help for you to compare.

also in payoneer we get a mastercard (optional). you can use this card anywhere in the world to draw money from any atm. again, i don't know if paypal has this feature as well maybe it would give you some perspective to compare. 

Thanks so much for your advice @AtilSamancioglu 

LL

is payoneer registration free of charge ?

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Paypal, can transfer for free to my bank account. (US)

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Thank you, @Thor 

I am in the UK. I wonder  if it's the same. It's so difficult to know which is best...

Any advice appreciated v much.

LL

Hi Lizzy. There have been other threads on this forum on exactly this topic. The best option seems to differ by country. Paypal charges me while Payoneer doesn't, but others have the reverse, or get different rates. The best thing to do is try both and see which ends up being better.

Thanks @MikeXCohen 

LL
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are overthinking things. Choose one and see if you are happy with it after a few months. If not, choose the other. There are a thousand things to be thinking about when getting started on Udemy. Payment method should be way down on the list.

Payoneer, all the way... I'm from Mexico and Paypal suddenly decided to stop offering the wallet service. All payments will be automatically converted (awfull conversion rate) to local currency and sent to the bank "for free". With Payoneer, you get:

• Virtual US Bank Account
  • Wallet service
  • Debit card wich you can use anywhere as long as they accept MasterCard

Paypal sucks in general, high fees and they take advantage of being the top digital payment company ... Limiting withdrawals or limiting your account for any detail so they can retain your money and invest it anywhere.

The only pro that used to be with paypal is that there's many people using it so you can send and receive money with it... But for now Mexico is out of this so I see no advantage at all.

I have been very happy with payoneer, better % conversion rate, debit card, bankc account, etc...

Thanks @ChemEngGuy for your reply. I appreciate your advice. Payoneer sounds better.

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors