Which topic to choose ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which topic to choose ?

When i searched for “jewelry making” Udemy suggesting me to create course on topic “Jewelry Wire Wrapping” . But in this topic students have high expectations which is more than 50% . also i don’t have enough knowledge in this  Jewelry Wire Wrapping topic

Another thing is that , as i have audience on instagram, i asked my audience on what topic they would like me to create the course. My audience voted “Resin Art” . Then I searched this topic on marketplace insights . And its showing that its quite competitive as there is high number of courses but also high student demand. But the students expectations is less than 50% . What I should do now. Which topic i should choose .

one last question. For conversion rate in Udemy Marketplace insights, i am getting less than 5% for both the topic . So how to fill the gaps? 

IMG_7399.png

IMG_7400.png

 for Jewelry Wire Wrapping topic 

IMG_7401.png

IMG_7402.png

 Fore Resin Art topic

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Shanazparvi401 It would be hard for you to get students in the future if you were to create a course on a topic you don't know or have a lot of knowledge such as "Jewelry Wire Wrapping". We recommend you start the course creation process with a topic you handle if the topic is Resin Art is competitive, you should ask what can you bring to your course to make it different from others to get students. I'm bumping up this post to get opinions from experienced instructors.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors