Why Udemy suspend accounts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Udemy suspend accounts.

Hi All,

I am New here i am afraid of suspend of account as a Instructor, if i work hard and this will happen then it a huge loss to my time and effort i do,

Any Indian instructor can you please explain me well, so i wont do any mistakes in my course.

Please reply

Regards

Sridhar

7 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SridharJena

Welcome to the community! 

Please read our Trust&Safety guidelines here carefully to ensure you stick to our policy rules.  

If you have additional questions, please reach out to our policy team at policy@udemy.com.

Have a nice day! 

Hi @MarinaT ,

Thank you for your reply.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are welcome, @SridharJena!

Enjoy the rest of your day 😊

Udemy seem to have hidden that post. I get access denied when I try to access it. I'm just starting to think about being an instructor and wondering whether to use udemy or one of the other platforms. Its quite disconcerting to see that instructors are getting banned without warning, without reason and without any way to engage in dialogue and I'm thinking - what if that happens to me. 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

It is only hidden because it is in the "Published Instructor Club" and you haven't published yet. Regardless, here is the post:

The reasons why Udemy may suspend your account.

To be frank, I am getting a bit tired of seeing posts claiming Udemy has suspended someone's account for no reason. There is always a reason, it is usually a good reason. Below are common reasons for instructors being suspended. Also, taking your course out of UB is something different. If your course is below 4.4 rating it is likely to be removed from the UB catalog. It is your job to maintain high course quality and high value standards. Both UB and the general marketplace are competitive markets, and the competition is increasingly competent. 

1. Violation of Content Guidelines: Instructors are expected to adhere to Udemy's content guidelines, which may include restrictions on topics, copyright infringement, inappropriate or offensive material, or any other violation outlined in the platform's policies.

2. Quality and Relevance Issues: Udemy expects instructors to provide high-quality and relevant content. If an instructor consistently delivers low-quality courses, fails to update their content, or provides misleading or irrelevant information, it could result in a ban.

3. Plagiarism: Copying or plagiarizing content from other sources without permission and proper attribution is a serious violation. Instructors are expected to create original content or use authorized resources.

4. Violation of Intellectual Property Rights: Instructors must respect intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademarks, and patents. Unauthorized use of copyrighted material or infringing on any intellectual property can lead to consequences.

5. Fraudulent Activities: Engaging in fraudulent activities such as creating fake accounts, manipulating course ratings or reviews, or engaging in any other form of deceptive behavior is strictly prohibited and can result in a ban.

6. Unethical Practices: Instructors are expected to act ethically and professionally. Any misconduct, harassment, or violation of Udemy's code of conduct can lead to disciplinary action, including a ban.

7. Non-compliance with Policies and Guidelines: Failure to comply with Udemy's terms of service, instructor policies, or any other published guidelines could result in a ban. This includes any violation related to pricing, course structure, promotional activities, or other platform-specific policies.

Teaching on Udemy is a privilege and not a right!  You don't have a "right" to  teach at a university or to be hired by a corporation to teach their managers. You earn this privilege, it is competitive, and can be easily lost!

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Hi @PhillipBurton  thank you a lot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors